Discover Jesus Christ
Have you discovered Jesus Christ yet? Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus or know where you’re going after you die? Do you want to? Read below.
1. God Loves You!
The Bible says, "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"
The problem is that . . .
2. All of us have done, said or thought things that are wrong. This is called sin, and our sins have separated us from God.
The Bible says “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” God is perfect and holy, and our sins separate us from God forever. The Bible says “The wages of sin is death.”
The good news is that, about 2,000 years ago,
3. God sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins.
Jesus is the Son of God. He lived a sinless life and then died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. “God demonstrates His own love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”
Jesus rose from the dead and now He lives in heaven with God His Father. He offers us the gift of eternal life -- of living forever with Him in heaven if we accept Him as our Lord and Savior. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by Me."
God reaches out in love to you and wants you to be His child. "As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe on His name." You can choose to ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and come in to your life as your Lord and Savior.
4. If you want to accept Christ as Savior and turn from your sins, you can ask Him to be your Savior and Lord by praying a prayer like this:
"Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always."
Congratulations! You have just made the BEST and BIGGEST decision of your life!
If you prayed this prayer or have any questions, we would like to help you in your walk with Jesus. Please send us an email via our website CONTACT US page.
NOTE: The next step is important for you. Come along to one of our Foundations Courses (free entry):
- GOING ON WITH GOD- ADULTS - Tuesday evenings @ 7pm at the Church (runs weekly)
- SUPERBOOK - KIDS - Tuesday afternoons @ 4pm in the Kids Hall (runs during the school term)
- YOUTH ALPHA - YOUTH - Sunday mornings during the service in Term 3 @ 10:30am